Education Advisory Board Application
#ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPPORTUNITY
The Arizona State University Infiniscope Project (under cooperative agreement with NASA’s Science Mission Directorate) invites you to apply to become a member of the Infiniscope Education Advisory Board.
The advisory board is a select group of formal and informal educators who review, share, and provide feedback on educational products developed by Infiniscope. Advisory board members are eligible to receive a stipend, training, clock hours, and recognition for their participation. They will also have opportunities to connect and collaborate with a diverse group of professionals within the NASA community.
We are looking for highly motivated professional educators who are collaborative, digitally-savvy and passionate about science education.
Applications will be accepted through November 30, 2020 for a one-year term beginning January 1, 2021.
The Infiniscope Education Advisory Board is a select team of educators recruited among all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Guam, District of Columbia and US Virgin Islands that serve for a one-year term as distributed representatives and reviewers of Infiniscope education products.
As professionals in the field, Infiniscope advisory board members are uniquely qualified to review and provide feedback on digital learning experiences. Their expertise helps shape Infiniscope products to meet the needs of a wide range of learners while ensuring that they are engaging, user-friendly, and aligned to national and professional standards. We rely on advisory board members to give detailed and timely feedback throughout the development process.
Advisory board members also serve as resources for other educators by sharing Infiniscope products and participating in discussion forums.
We seek to recruit highly-motivated individuals who share our enthusiasm for outstanding digital education and have a desire to assist fellow educators by sharing their expertise.
Trainings, Support, and Benefits for Infiniscope Education Advisory Board Members:
Training & Support:
Board members will participate in a minimum of three one-hour, online (web-based), training sessions held after traditional school hours. These sessions will introduce board members to Infiniscope Education philosophy in the design of learning experiences, NASA’s goals for the Infiniscope project, how to submit a high-quality review, and how to share Infiniscope experiences with your community. These training sessions will educate the board member about Infiniscope development methods and supply materials needed to support the board member’s duties, such as storyboard (mock-up) reviews, educator resources review, and the final review for quality assurance before the public launch of the experience.
In addition to training, board members will be provided online discussion forums and collaborative spaces to share experiences, ideas, or questions with other board members and the Infiniscope team.
Collectively, the direct interaction with the Infiniscope team, ongoing training, support and materials provided by the Infiniscope program, lays the foundation for every board member’s successful review submission and sharing in his/her community.
- Earn up to $1000 annually
- Clock hours for online training sessions and approved review submissions
- Press release sent to board member’s institution announcing selection
- Recognition posted on the Infiniscope website
- Training on a variety of topics and strategies
- Potential to participate in special projects for additional stipends
- Connect and collaborate with a diverse network of educators
- Have an impact on the future of science education
- Access to other opportunities for participation and professional development as a member of the NASA and ASU communities.
Participation runs from January 2021 to December 2021
- Attend online meet/greet and training with Infiniscope team and board members
- Attend online training prior to each participatory activity
- Active participation in discussion forum and/or social media
- Regular community engagement in upcoming or current Infiniscope events
- Minimum participation every six months in a full review cycle of one to two learning experiences includes:
- Storyboard (Mock-Up) Review - Presentation of a learning experience with expected user interactions and learning sequence
- Educator Resource Review - Review of live learning experience and educator documents
- Optional Testing with Learners - Use the learning experience and educator documents with your learners to provide feedback on the products
- Timely submission of invoices
The Ideal Advisory Board Candidate
- Must be a U.S. resident or serve on U.S. soil
- Must be 18 years of age or older on Jan 1, 2021
- Must be or become a member of the Infiniscope Teaching Network
- Submits a well-thought-out, complete application
- Has the ambition and enthusiasm to improve the quality of educational products
- Must work in an educational setting (such as classroom, museum, library, etc)
- Must have learners in your educational setting with access to technology, whether their own or provided by your institution
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be interested in and comfortable with collaborating with peers through digital communication technologies such as Zoom, discussion boards, social media, and file sharing technologies
- Is willing to build upon strong ties with his/her education community
- Is willing to inspire his/her community to actively participate in educational opportunities
- Participates in scheduled online professional development sessions (offered 1-2 weeks in advance of review activity)
- Keeps up with Infiniscope Education Advisory Board email and web postings
- Acknowledges Infiniscope products may be reproduced and used for non-profit, educational purposes only
We are seeking Infiniscope Education Advisory Board members from diverse backgrounds and professions including, but not limited to, formal and informal education, science, engineering, libraries, and out of school programs. Qualified individuals submitting a complete and well-thought out application may be selected for a one-year, renewable term as a board member in support of NASA priorities. Please consider becoming an Infiniscope Education Advisory Board member and bring the pursuit of knowledge about NASA’s space exploration program to your education community.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLYING IS 5 PM PST November 30, 2020.
Selections will be made and applicants notified by December 15, 2020.
To submit an application click the blue “Apply Here” button at the top of the page.